Being the best leaders we can be requires us to spend some of our personal resources on self-care. If WE are not healthy and well, what makes us think we can lead entire organizations toward health and wellbeing?
From my observations of some particularly “well” leaders over the years, I deduce common forms of Leader Think in which they engage.
Particularly “well” leaders…
- Hold zealously to their principles.
- Remain relentlessly committed to acts of service.
- Doggedly pursue continuous improvement, personal and collective.
- Engage in disciplined “exercise”_intellectual, physical, and emotional-spiritual.
- Ask excellent questions, grounded in curiosity and in relationship building.
- Engage and meaningfully connect with many others.
- Model and expect respectful behavior.
- LEARN daily.
How leaders think is how leaders lead.