The best leaders I know pull a “switch” on the usual and customary conceptions of how leaders normally approach their work. They shift their behavior in some interesting “contradictory” ways:
- They seek to serve more than to be served.
- They purposefully listen more than they talk.
- They consistently turn the spotlight toward others.
- They ALWAYS exhibit kindness and respectfulness.
- They genuinely care, and take the time to express it.
- They stay focused on the long-term goals as opposed to short-term gains.
All the above are learnable skills.
Think I’ll take another look in the mirror…..
*If you’d like to read more of nc’s blatherings, go to nc’s Recursive Learning.